We strive to protect the Earth through simple, cost-effective green initiatives that reduce our carbon footprint. As a mountain lodging property, we’ve completed the following green initiatives to help protect our environment.
2. LED lights on all exit signs.
3. Linen conservation announcements in all 400 guest suites.
4. Our ozone laundry cleaning system cleans and disinfects better than traditional washing, saves energy, and uses less water and time.
5. Variable frequency drivers on all mechanical pumps.
6. Exterior evening lights timed to turn off during the day.
7. Use Lake Tahoe’s fresh air, rather than the chiller, to cool public and meeting spaces whenever possible.
8. Removed over two-hundred unnecessary 13-watt bulbs.
9. Removed unnecessary external lighting on elevators.
10. Automatic controls on kitchen exhaust hoods turn off when not in use.
11. Internet control system for meeting room fans allows control of heating/cooling for groups.
12. Replacing T-12 ballast lighting in our garage with more energy efficient T-8.
13. Software system tracks energy saving opportunities.
14. All departments recycle paper and cardboard.
15. Reduced our paper consumption by 70%.
16. Styrofoam products replaced with corn/potato products that can be composted.
17. All unused food products are used for compost.
18. Our pool is disinfected using plain table salt converted into sodium hypochlorite, which is safe for the environment and for team members to handle.
19. Occupancy sensors in offices, storage rooms, public bathrooms, pool bathrooms, and our fitness center.
20. Storm run-off water is collected, filtered, and tested before leaving the property to run into Lake Tahoe.
And, when you visit us, you can help too.
Click here for some ideas