Rules & Conditions
30th Anniversary “DreamMaker” Tahoe Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor: Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, 4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
2. Eligibility: 30th Anniversary DreamMaker Tahoe Giveaway (Dates April 23/ July 31, 2021) Sweepstakes (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old as of the Giveaway start date. Employees of Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Main Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway.
3. Timing: The Giveaway period begins on 12:00:00 PM (noon) Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 23, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on July 31, 2021 (the “Giveaway Period”). Giveaway registration must be completed prior to the end of the Giveaway Period in order to qualify as a valid entry into this Giveaway. Administrator’s computer will be the official clock for the Giveaway Period.
4. How to enter: On-Line Entry. Enter by visiting Sponsor’s website (http://www.tahoeresorthotel.com/giveaway/), completing all of the required information (name, address, telephone number and email address), and following all posted instructions. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “ENTER” button. Entries limited to only one (1) entry per family. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sponsor’s website or in any email received from Sponsor.
5. Winner Selection: A total of one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected after 1:00 p.m. (P.T.) August 1, 2021 from all eligible Entries received. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Giveaway.
6. Prizes and Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a vacation package for four (4) people to Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel in South Lake Tahoe, CA. (“30th Anniversary DreamMaker Tahoe Giveaway”) valid from September 1, 2021 to July 1, 2022, (excludes Holidays and July & August 2021, and Saturday night stays, some restrictions and blackout dates apply).
The Grand Prize Vacation Package shall consist of the following:
The winner will receive a six (6) day/five (5) night stay at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel for the winner and up to (3) companions.
Prize includes: (a.) A balcony room with two queen beds (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for five (5) nights at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (dates are subject to availability); (b.) and $250 in dining credit at Echo Restaurant (does not include gratuity).
(c.) $1000 Southwest Airlines voucher ($250 per person) for the Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) travel companions between the major commercial airport closest to the Grand Prize winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and the Reno Tahoe International Airport (however if the Grand Prize winner lives within 250 miles of South Lake Tahoe, CA., airfare will not be provided, and no additional compensation will be provided).
(d.) A 6-day full-sized rental car. Car rental is subject to additional restrictions set forth by car rental contract. If winner does not meet rental car requisites/requirements that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. (however if the Grand Prize winner lives within 250 miles of South Lake Tahoe, CA., rental car will not be provided, and no additional compensation will be provided).
(e.) The choice of three (3) adventures from the adventure list. Availability of adventures is subject to capacity controls, availability, weather, seasonal influences, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change.
ARV for the Grand Prize is $5000+. ARV may vary from actual value, depending on date and point of departure. Any difference between stated and actual value will not be awarded.
Each travel companion must be 18 or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless the child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner. If a travel companion is a minor and not the child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner, the parent/legal guardian of such travel companion must also accompany the minor travel companion. The Grand Prize winner may be required to submit guest releases to Sponsor upon Sponsor’s request, within a certain time period to be determined by Sponsor.
The travel window begins on September 1, 2021. The prize must be booked by January 31, 2022 and travel completed by July 1, 2022, with a 60-day travel advance. Certain restrictions and other block-out dates may apply. All airline flights and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel may not occur during the following black-out dates (which are subject to change): July 1-August 31, 2021, November 20 – November 27, 2021 and December 19, 2021 – January 3, 2022. Guests must stay in the same room as Winner. All prize-related travel arrangements will be determined and administered by Sponsor or Sponsor’s authorized designee.
Grand Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, weather, seasonal influences, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure date and return date. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Sponsor is not obligated to replace any lost or stolen tickets (including any event tickets or admission passes), travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the Grand Prize winner’s possession or in the possession of a travel companion. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine the flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Once hotel and flight arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Air travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or partake in the Grand Prize with fewer travel companions than allowed for or no travel companions, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize Vacation Package does not include the following: airline baggage fees, travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long-distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, or other miscellaneous charges and items not otherwise described above. The Grand Prize Vacation Package (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set for the above or refunded, and are not redeemable for cash.
All costs and expenses not specifically included herein are solely the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility as are all federal, state and local taxes. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining any desired or necessary travel documents (including government-issued photo identification). The Grand Prize winner and travel companions hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the Grand Prize. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions to arrive at the designated gateway airport in time for each flight that is part of the Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions are responsible for all in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, meals, beverages, gratuities, upgrades, personal incidentals, amenities, and any other fees and expenses not specifically mentioned in these Rules. The Grand Prize winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in or prior thereto and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room attributed to the Grand Prize winner and/or his/her travel companions in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of the Grand Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the Grand Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the Grand Prize winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the Grand Prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companions shall be subject to all terms and conditions printed on any ticket issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize. In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion(s) is denied entry into any ticketed location or is removed or barred from any ticketed location for any other reason, Sponsor is not responsible, and no further compensation or award will be provided.
7. Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes in this Contest is $5250+.
8. Prize Conditions: SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, RELATED, AFFILIATED, AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AND ASSIGNS ARE HEREBY RELEASED AND DISCHARGED FROM ANY AND ALL LEGAL CLAIMS, LOSSES, EXPENSES, LIABILITIES, INJURIES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION THAT ARISE OUT OF AND/OR ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PRIZE, THE RECEIPT, USE AND/OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES.
All benefits and payments are personal to each winner and are not redeemable for cash and are neither assignable nor transferable.
Each winner is responsible for paying all taxes. The award of a prize is subject to applicable withholding requirements. The Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of his/her prize.
Any portion of a prize not accepted or used by a winner will be forfeited, and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason. No substitution or transfer of a prize is allowed except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. If for any reason a prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules. Allow approximately 4-6 weeks after award of a Finalist Prize for prize fulfillment.
9. Notifications to Prize Winners and Requirements to Claim Prizes: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone at the e-mail address or telephone number provided during Finalist verification on or about August 1, 2021. The potential Grand Prize winner must respond to such notification within 48 hours from the date notification is sent and must return the travel questionnaire and winner forms by August 4, 2021, via email or fax to secure the prize.
10. General Requirements: At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner may result from any of the following: [a] any potential Finalist’s/Grand Prize winner’s failure to respond within the time periods set forth above or failure to provide any other requested information in the time period specified; [b] the return of an e-mail notification sent by Sponsor/Administrator as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; [c] potential Finalist/Grand Prize Winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; and [d] potential Grand Prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release (including, without limitation, the Social Security Number as required by law) within 48 hours from the date the form is sent to the potential Grand Prize winner. Federal, state, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are each winner’s sole responsibility. In the event that a potential Finalist/Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, or does not accept a prize, Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may randomly select another winner.
11. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winner will be notified on or about August 1, 2021 of prize drawing via the e-mail address provided on winner’s entry form. Winner must respond to such e-mail notification within 48 hours after notification. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim the Grand Prize, winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release. A valid photo identification and completed W-9 form will be required. Winners may waive his/her right to receive prizes or grand prize. All prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes, grand prize and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or grand prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize or grand prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
12. Sponsor: The “30th anniversary DreamMaker Tahoe giveaway” is sponsored by Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
13. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Main Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. Additional Prizes: Twenty-nine (29) one night prizes include a one-night (1) stay in a premium suite, and $30 dining credit at Echo Restaurant (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set for the above or refunded, and are not redeemable for cash. Redemption of the one night stay is valid through Dec. 31, 2021 and excludes holidays, and July and August stays in 2021. The winners of the 29 additional prizes will be randomly drawn during the entry period set for the Grand Prize.