If you’re thinking of planning a destination wedding, South Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. We’ve got mountains, crystal clear waters, recreation, adventure, and so much more! There’s really no better place to say “I do.” We know that wedding planning can be intimidating as it is, let alone planning a wedding in an unfamiliar area. That’s why we’ve put together a few of our top tips and suggestions to help you plan your dream Lake Tahoe destination wedding.
Make the most of the great outdoors
A few of the prettiest reasons to get married in Lake Tahoe are the beautiful scenery and fresh Tahoe air that make a stunning backdrop for your reception or ceremony! Here are some of our favorite ideas for making the most of Tahoe’s amazing scenery…
- Outdoor weddings and receptions are incredibly popular here in South Lake Tahoe. Consider doing a ceremony at our Lakeside Beach venue! Imagine the wedding day photos you’ll get with the crystal clear waters and stunning mountains as your backdrop.
- We’re all about sustainability and preserving the natural beauty of Lake Tahoe. With that in mind, consider ways you can make your wedding more eco-friendly and do your part to #KeepTahoeBlue. If you’re so inclined, you could volunteer for a beach clean up day with your wedding party or encourage guests to make a donation to support sustainable efforts and organizations rather than purchasing a wedding gift.
- We’ve had some couples choose cowboy boots or customized Converse/Ked-style tennis shoes for their Lake Tahoe wedding attire! They add a fun, personalized (and comfortable) style element to your wedding day ensemble and make it easier to capture the perfect outdoor pictures and enjoy the outdoors.
- Welcome baskets and thank you gifts are great little touches for guests. Providing sunscreen, aloe, umbrellas, and even bug spray can be great additions to add if you’re having an outdoor ceremony. Sunglasses, visors, and hats can also make practical wedding favors for your Lake Tahoe wedding and great mementos for your guests to keep to remember your special day.
- Blankets for guests and the bridal party to use are a great idea if the mountain air ends up being chillier than expected during the outdoor ceremony or while taking photos outside, during the winter and early spring, in particular. You can buy some that are monogrammed with the happy couple’s initials or that match the wedding’s color scheme for an extra special touch.
Experience all that Tahoe has to offer
It always seems like the wedding fun is over in the blink of an eye. If you’re getting married, we encourage you to take a deep breath of mountain air and slow down so you and your guests can experience all the adventure, beauty, and excitement that Tahoe has to offer. There is so much to do and see in Lake Tahoe, make sure you’re planning a wedding celebration that makes the most of our area!
- Work with local Lake Tahoe wedding vendors. Not only are they fantastic at what they do, but they’re also a great resource when it comes to offering insights about the area to help make your Lake Tahoe wedding even more special. Working with local professionals can make the entire process less stressful and more fun!
- Add some Lake Tahoe flair to your wedding day with Tahoe-themed welcome baskets, wedding favors, gifts, and local food and beverage options. That way, everyone gets a little taste of what Tahoe has to offer.
- Celebrate your bachelor party, bachelorette party, or honeymoon in Lake Tahoe. That way you have some extra time to explore and enjoy the area.
- Plan special Lake Tahoe outings and activities for you to do with your bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other loved ones. Having some pre-planned, organized activities (such as skiing or a brewery tour) allows people to adjust their schedule and travel plans ahead of time and get more one-on-one time with the happy couple.
Schedule time for rest and relaxation
Planning a wedding is exciting but can be a bit stressful. We recommend building in some “you” time and taking a step back from the hustle and bustle. There’s really no better place to relax and kick back than Lake Tahoe. Here are a few of our recommendations to leave you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to go on the big day.
- Book a massage or spa day with Lake Tahoe Massage Therapy. This is a great option for bridal parties and they’ll come right to your suite at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel!
- Another great calming activity is a yoga session with your wedding party through Lake Tahoe Yoga. You can have a yoga session right at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, or soak up the Lake Tahoe views with yoga on the beach or paddleboard yoga.
- Arrive a few days ahead of time if possible. Not only will this give you time to rest before the big day, but it also allows you some time to explore the surroundings and meet with your Lake Tahoe-based wedding vendors to finalize last-minute details. If you’re able, we’d also recommend extending your stay for a few days, too! No need to rush out of town when the party is over, Lake Tahoe is the perfect place to rest up after your big day! Whether you spend your honeymoon with us, or just give yourselves a few days to recover and enjoy your new spouse’s company, give yourself a little time here once the wedding festivities are over.
Hopefully you found these tips helpful as you start planning your extra special destination wedding to Lake Tahoe. We’d love to be a part of your big day! Contact us to learn more about weddings at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel.
Don’t Make These Mistakes When Choosing a Lake Tahoe Wedding Venue
12 Reasons to Host All Your Wedding Festivities at One Venue
7 Reasons Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is a Great Place to Get Married