Tips for Planning a Perfect Destination Wedding in Lake Tahoe
If you’re thinking of planning a destination wedding, South Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. We’ve got mountains, crystal clear waters, recreation, adventure, and so much more! There’s really no better place to say “I do.” We know that wedding planning can be intimidating as it is, let alone planning a wedding in an unfamiliar area. That’s why we’ve put together a few of our top tips and suggestions to help you plan your dream Lake Tahoe destination wedding.
Make the most of the great outdoors
A few of the prettiest reasons to get married in Lake Tahoe are the beautiful scenery and fresh Tahoe air that make a stunning backdrop for your reception or ceremony! Here are some of our favorite ideas for making the most of Tahoe’s amazing scenery…
- Outdoor weddings and receptions are incredibly popular here in South Lake Tahoe. Consider doing a ceremony at our Lakeside Beach venue! Imagine the wedding day photos you’ll get with the crystal clear waters and stunning mountains as your backdrop.
- We’re all about sustainability and preserving the natural beauty of Lake Tahoe. With that in mind, consider ways you can make your wedding more eco-friendly and do your part to #KeepTahoeBlue. If you’re so inclined, you could volunteer for a beach clean up day with your wedding party or encourage guests to make a donation to support sustainable efforts and organizations rather than purchasing a wedding gift.
- We’ve had some couples choose cowboy boots or customized Converse/Ked-style tennis shoes for their Lake Tahoe wedding attire! They add a fun, personalized (and comfortable) style element to your wedding day ensemble and make it easier to capture the perfect outdoor pictures and enjoy the outdoors.
- Welcome baskets and thank you gifts are great little touches for guests. Providing sunscreen, aloe, umbrellas, and even bug spray can be great additions to add if you’re having an outdoor ceremony. Sunglasses, visors, and hats can also make practical wedding favors for your Lake Tahoe wedding and great mementos for your guests to keep to remember your special day.
- Blankets for guests and the bridal party to use are a great idea if the mountain air ends up being chillier than expected during the outdoor ceremony or while taking photos outside, during the winter and early spring, in particular. You can buy some that are monogrammed with the happy couple’s initials or that match the wedding’s color scheme for an extra special touch.
Experience all that Tahoe has to offer
It always seems like the wedding fun is over in the blink of an eye. If you’re getting married, we encourage you to take a deep breath of mountain air and slow down so you and your guests can experience all the adventure, beauty, and excitement that Tahoe has to offer. There is so much to do and see in Lake Tahoe, make sure you’re planning a wedding celebration that makes the most of our area!
- Work with local Lake Tahoe wedding vendors. Not only are they fantastic at what they do, but they’re also a great resource when it comes to offering insights about the area to help make your Lake Tahoe wedding even more special. Working with local professionals can make the entire process less stressful and more fun!
- Add some Lake Tahoe flair to your wedding day with Tahoe-themed welcome baskets, wedding favors, gifts, and local food and beverage options. That way, everyone gets a little taste of what Tahoe has to offer.
- Celebrate your bachelor party, bachelorette party, or honeymoon in Lake Tahoe. That way you have some extra time to explore and enjoy the area.
- Plan special Lake Tahoe outings and activities for you to do with your bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other loved ones. Having some pre-planned, organized activities (such as skiing or a brewery tour) allows people to adjust their schedule and travel plans ahead of time and get more one-on-one time with the happy couple.
Schedule time for rest and relaxation
Planning a wedding is exciting but can be a bit stressful. We recommend building in some “you” time and taking a step back from the hustle and bustle. There’s really no better place to relax and kick back than Lake Tahoe. Here are a few of our recommendations to leave you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to go on the big day.
- Book a massage or spa day with Lake Tahoe Massage Therapy. This is a great option for bridal parties and they’ll come right to your suite at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel!
- Another great calming activity is a yoga session with your wedding party through Lake Tahoe Yoga. You can have a yoga session right at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, or soak up the Lake Tahoe views with yoga on the beach or paddleboard yoga.
- Arrive a few days ahead of time if possible. Not only will this give you time to rest before the big day, but it also allows you some time to explore the surroundings and meet with your Lake Tahoe-based wedding vendors to finalize last-minute details. If you’re able, we’d also recommend extending your stay for a few days, too! No need to rush out of town when the party is over, Lake Tahoe is the perfect place to rest up after your big day! Whether you spend your honeymoon with us, or just give yourselves a few days to recover and enjoy your new spouse’s company, give yourself a little time here once the wedding festivities are over.
Hopefully you found these tips helpful as you start planning your extra special destination wedding to Lake Tahoe. We’d love to be a part of your big day! Contact us to learn more about weddings at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel.
Wedding Vendor Spotlight: Top Florists in South Lake Tahoe
Flowers add a touch of style, beauty, and grace to any wedding ceremony and can set the mood for your whole event. With the wild, natural beauty surrounding us here in Tahoe, wedding flowers can range from colorful boho arrangements to monochromatic, rustic winter flowers.
Our Favorite Things To Do in Lake Tahoe This Winter (Besides Skiing & Snowboarding)
Sure, Lake Tahoe is known as one of the best skiing and snowboarding destinations in the world, but the fun doesn’t stop there. Winter is an amazing time to visit South Tahoe
Local Favorites for Lake Tahoe Engagement & Wedding Photos
There’s no doubt that you want your engagement and wedding photos taken in Lake Tahoe, but with the hundreds of beautiful locations to choose from, how do you decide?
The Best Places To Enjoy Lake Tahoe’s Fall Colors
Summer has come to an end and fall is officially here. After a successful summer, there’s no reason why your adventures should come to an end! People from all around choose to visit Lake Tahoe in the fall months not only for the cooler fall weather, but also for the unforgettable golden fall colors
Top 7 Lake Tahoe Tours And Excursions
When you think of vacations, do you need a little more than just relaxing the days away? Have you ever wanted to ride in a hot air balloon during sunrise or experience breathtaking views on a helicopter tour?
Lake Tahoe: The Adventure Begins When You Step Outside
Sandy beaches, high mountain adventure, memories (and selfies) make up our employee summer experience at Lake Tahoe. Why keep our favorite hot spots a secret? Here’s how Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel staff spend their time away from work.
Must-Do Summer Adventures in Lake Tahoe
Summer is still in full swing in Lake Tahoe this August! Whether you’re looking for hiking and biking, world-class golf, water sports or live music, the options within minutes of the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel are endless.
Best Places to Eat in South Lake Tahoe
There’s no doubt that the way to our hearts is through our stomachs. One of the best parts about vacationing or a fun night out is getting to explore and indulge in all the great food options available, right?
Subscribe for News and Offers
Stay in the loop on all the news and exciting offers from Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, and have them delivered to your inbox.
4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Hotel Direct: 530.544.5400
© 2022 Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel.