Girls weekends are always so much fun! However, it can be hard to plan a get together with your friends — especially after college when jobs, marriages, children, and other responsibilities get in the way. If it has been a while since you’ve gotten together with your best gal pals, let’s fix that right now! Whether it’s a birthday, bachelorette party, “Galentine’s” Day, or you just need some time away, there’s never a bad time to plan a getaway with your best friends. So, ladies… text your crew, pack up your cutest scarves and boots, and let’s plan an epic winter girls weekend in Lake Tahoe. We’ve put together a few of our favorite girls trip ideas so you and your friends can experience the best of Tahoe.
- Go skiing or snowboarding. South Lake Tahoe has some of the most amazing trails around — both for downhill and cross-country skiing or snowboarding. (If you’re not much of a skier or snowboarder, that’s ok. Make it an adventure by taking lessons with one of the local pros!
- Go ice skating at Heavenly Village. Enjoy the twinkling lights, music, and picturesque Tahoe views as you skate around the ice rink at Heavenly Village. It’s open from November through Easter.
- Take a snowmobile ride. There’s no better way to explore the ins and outs of the Tahoe and take in the sights than via snowmobile.
- Strap on some snowshoes. Another great way to experience the breathtaking Tahoe views is by hitting the trails with some snowshoes. It’s a lot of fun and a great workout!
- Ride the Heavenly Gondola. Want views that will really take your breath away? Take the 2.4-mile ride on the Heavenly Gondola for some of the best views of Lake Tahoe. Be sure you have your camera ready because you’ll want to take plenty of selfies and group photos for Instagram!
- Shopping. What are girlfriends for if not to be your shopping buddies? Hit the Shops at Heavenly Village — cute boutiques filled with clothes, jewelry, sports apparel, art galleries, and more.
- Grab a drink. There’s an amazing selection of craft beers and breweries in Lake Tahoe. Warm up by the firepit with a pint of your favorite new beer after a long day on the slopes. If beer isn’t really your thing, Tahoe also has a great selection of cafes, bars, and restaurants with a full selection of wines, hot chocolates, or even hot toddies — whatever fits your tastes and warms you up after all your outdoor adventures. We’d love if you stopped by our Happy Hour from 4:30 to 6:30!
- Have a spa weekend. Nothing quite says “girls day” like some pampering! If you’re staying at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, you don’t even have to leave your suite! Lake Tahoe Massage Therapy offers in-suite massage and spa treatments, including seaweed wraps, body polishes, aloe wraps, and more.
- Unwind with some yoga. While there’s nothing quite like yoga on the beach or paddleboard yoga during the summer months, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it in the winter as well. With Lake Tahoe Yoga, you and your gal pals can enjoy all the benefits of a yoga and meditation session while still taking in the incredible Tahoe views from our atrium or other locations around the area.
- Eat, eat, and eat some more. What’s a vacation without sampling all sorts of delicious foods, right? There are so many great restaurants in South Lake Tahoe that are perfect for a casual brunch or girls night on the town. Be sure to stop in and try Echo, our restaurant right here at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel that features locally-sourced foods and seasonal favorites.
- Try your luck at a casino. Feeling lucky? If so, you and your friends have to hit up one of the casinos in the area, including Hard Rock, Harrah’s, or Harvey’s. It’s a perfect way to spice things up at night after a day spent in the great outdoors.
- Shake things up on the dance floor. If you and your girls like to party, then get dressed up and head to one of our many nightclubs for a night of music, dancing, and a whole lot of fun. Opal Ultra Lounge, Xhale Hookah Lounge, and McP’s Taphouse are favorites. If you’re there on a Saturday night, consider joining the Tahoe Club Crawl and experience the nightlife scene like a local!
- Experience some magic! The Loft hosts Magic Fusion — a magic and illusion show starring Matt Marcy — on a nightly basis. If you head there on a Friday, you can catch “Magic After Dark,” which is an adult-only magic experience. Either way, it’s the perfect destination for a girls’ night out.
Plan your girls weekend now!
Are you getting excited about your girls weekend yet? We hope you and your friends will come to stay with us here at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel during your trip! Our team is happy to help you plan activities and show you why South Lake Tahoe is one of the best girls trip destinations. Here at our hotel, we have suite-style rooms, a full breakfast buffet, and other great amenities for your group to enjoy — all in the center of the Lake Tahoe action.
PS: Here are a few more resources that may help when you and your friends are planning your trip to Lake Tahoe…
- Your Guide to a Fun-Filled Winter Weekend in Lake Tahoe
- Expert Tips for Planning Your First Lake Tahoe Ski or Snowboard Trip
- Essentials to Pack for a Winter Ski & Snowboard Trip in Lake Tahoe
- How to Plan A Lake Tahoe Ski or Snowboarding Trip on a Budget
- 6 Tips for Visiting Lake Tahoe for the First Time
- Easy Ways to Relax and Unwind in South Lake Tahoe