Girls weekends are always so much fun! However, it can be hard to plan a get-together with your friends — especially when jobs, marriages, children, and other responsibilities get in the way. If it has been a while since you’ve gotten together with your best gal pals, let’s fix that right now! Whether it’s a birthday, bachelorette party, Galentine’s Day, or you just need some time away with your besties, there’s never a bad time to plan a girls weekend getaway. So, ladies… text your crew, pack up your cutest scarves and boots, and let’s plan an epic winter girls weekend in Lake Tahoe. We’ve put together a few of our favorite girls trip ideas and get ready to experience the best of Tahoe.
- Go skiing or snowboarding. South Lake Tahoe has some of the most amazing slopes and trails around — both for cross-country skiing and downhill skiing or snowboarding. (If you’re not much of a skier or snowboarder, that’s ok. Make it an adventure by taking lessons with one of the local pros!
- Go ice skating at Heavenly Village. Enjoy the twinkling lights, music, and picturesque Tahoe views as you skate around the ice rink at Heavenly Village. It’s open from November through Easter.
- Take a snowmobile ride. There’s no better way to explore the ins and outs of the Tahoe and take in the sights than via snowmobile. Lake Tahoe Adventures’ snowmobile tours run November through April, weather permitting, and are a great way to explore Tahoe’s backcountry.
- Strap on some snowshoes. Another great way to experience the breathtaking Tahoe views is by hitting the trails with some snowshoes. It’s a lot of fun and a great workout! Camp Richardson’s Mountain Sports is a great place to rent some snowshoes here in South Lake Tahoe.
- Ride the Heavenly Gondola. Want views that will really take your breath away? Take the 2.4-mile ride on the Heavenly Gondola for some of the best views of Lake Tahoe. Be sure you have your camera ready because you’ll want to take plenty of selfies and group photos for Instagram!
- Shopping. What are girlfriends for if not to be your shopping buddies? Hit the Shops at Heavenly Village — cute boutiques filled with clothes, jewelry, sports apparel, art galleries, and more.
- Grab a drink. There’s an amazing selection of craft beers and breweries in Lake Tahoe. Warm-up by the firepit with a pint of your favorite new beer after a long day on the slopes. If beer isn’t really your crew’s thing, Tahoe also has a great selection of cafes, bars, and restaurants with a full selection of wines, hot chocolates, or even hot toddies — whatever fits your tastes and warms you up after all your outdoor adventures. We’d love it if you stopped by our Happy Hour from 4:30 to 6:30 here at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel!
- Have a spa weekend. Nothing quite says “girls day” like some pampering! If you’re staying at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, you don’t even have to leave your suite!Lake Tahoe Massage Therapy offers in-suite massage and spa treatments, including seaweed wraps, body polishes, aloe wraps, and more.
- Unwind with some yoga. While there’s nothing quite like yoga on the beach or paddleboard yoga during the summer months, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it in the winter as well. With Lake Tahoe Yoga, you and your gal pals can enjoy all the benefits of a yoga and meditation session while still taking in the incredible Tahoe views from our atrium or other locations around the area.
- Eat, eat, and eat some more. What’s a vacation without sampling all sorts of delicious foods, right? There are so many great restaurants in South Lake Tahoe that are perfect for a casual brunch or girls night on the town. Be sure to stop in and try Echo, our restaurant right here at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel that features locally-sourced foods and seasonal favorites.
- Try your luck at a casino. Feeling lucky? If so, you and your friends have to hit up one of the casinos in the area, including Hard Rock, Harrah’s, or Harvey’s. It’s a perfect way to spice things up at night after a day spent in the great outdoors.
- Shake things up on the dance floor. If you and your girls like to party, then get dressed up and head to one of our many nightclubs for a night of music, dancing, and a whole lot of fun. Opal Ultra Lounge, Xhale Hookah Lounge, and McP’s Taphouse are favorites.
- Experience some magic! The Loft hosts Magic Fusion — a magic and illusion show starring Matt Marcy — on a nightly basis. If you head there on a Friday, you can catch “Magic After Dark,” which is an adult-only magic experience. Either way, it’s the perfect destination for a girls’ night out.
Plan your girls weekend now!
Are you getting excited about your girls weekend getaway yet? We hope you and your friends will come to stay with us here at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel during your trip! Our team is happy to help you plan activities and show you why South Lake Tahoe is one of the best girls trip destinations. Here at our hotel, we have suite-style rooms, a full breakfast, and other great amenities for your gal pals to enjoy — all in the center of the Lake Tahoe action.
PS: Here are a few more resources that may help when you and your ladies are planning your trip to Lake Tahoe…
- Your Guide to a Fun-Filled Winter Weekend in Lake Tahoe
- Expert Tips for Planning Your First Lake Tahoe Ski or Snowboard Trip
- Essentials to Pack for a Winter Ski & Snowboard Trip in Lake Tahoe
- How to Plan A Lake Tahoe Ski or Snowboarding Trip on a Budget
- 6 Tips for Visiting Lake Tahoe for the First Time
- Easy Ways to Relax and Unwind in South Lake Tahoe
Last updated: 10/25/20