Lake Tahoe has endless options for magical fun this holiday season. To help you plan the perfect holiday vacation in Lake Tahoe, we wanted to help you build a bucket list with some of our favorite Lake Tahoe adventures. No matter what holiday activities make your list, book your stay at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel today! Discover why we’re the best winter hotel option for your Lake Tahoe trip!
Explore the Heavenly Holidays Festivities
Heavenly Village is located right next to the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel and will be the perfect place for you, your family, and friends to get into the holiday spirit. With a variety of holiday fun and entertainment, the Heavenly Village is the place to be this season! A few of our top recommendations? The holiday tree (such a great backdrop for family photos!), the Heavenly Village Ice Rink is open (you can rent ice skates there!), the must-ride Heavenly Gondola, and don’t miss the Largest Ski Chair EVER made from real skis by the fountain!
There are also special events happening throughout the holiday season, check out the full list here and get a sneak peek at some of the holiday events we’re most excited about:
- Breakfast with Santa – Have you ever wanted to eat breakfast with the big jolly man himself? Well now is your chance! On December 4, 11 and 18 you can have the chance to see Santa while enjoying a scrumptious breakfast at the Fire and Ice Restaurant located in Heavenly Village. Don’t wait until the last minute because tickets are limited! Only online reservations are accepted.
- Santa Claus is Skiing into Town – Grab your best Santa, Mrs. Claus or holiday costume and gear up for the Santa Claus is Skiing into Town event on December 18 at the Heavenly Ski Resort! Snap a picture of you or your friends and post it on Instagram for your chance to win an Epic Local Ski Pass. Be sure to post your pictures by December 24 because a winner will be announced on December 25!
- Your Favorite Characters – Meet your favorite characters from Frozen, Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast and more! You’ll find them near the ice rink at Heavenly Village, maybe even possibly ice skating! Your favorite characters can be seen on every Saturday in December and December 26 through the 31. Grab your family and friends and start planning your magical day!
- Tahoe South Ferris Wheel – We are so excited about the Tahoe South Ferris Wheel, coming to the base of the Heavenly Gondola from December 27th – 31st! You’ll get the most amazing views of Lake Tahoe, the twinkling lights of the village, and so much more!
- Village Ice Sculpture Contest – Come visit the Village Ice Sculpture on December 27 where YOU get to be the judge! Watch local ice sculptors put their ice carving skills to the test for the chance to receive $500 towards a charity of their choice. You will surely be amazed by what our local Lake Tahoe Artists can create!
- New Years Eve Fireworks and Music – What better way to ring in 2022 than with fireworks and music in Lake Tahoe? Country superstar Tyler Rich will kick things off on the Main Stage on December 30th and CJ Solar from Florida Georgia Line, Mark McKay, and other talented musicians will take the stage at 7:30 PM on New Years Eve, with the multi platinum rock band, the Gin Blossoms performing later that night!
Enjoy a Holiday Dinner at Echo
Enjoy a spectacular holiday dinner at our famous Echo Restaurant. Echo’s menu includes favorites such as Salmon Macadamia, Grilled Elk Chop, and the Dancing Goat Pizza. Explore our current menu as well as our special Christmas Dinner menu! We also offer private small group dining options for groups of 10-28 in private banquet and intimate dining rooms, including the Echo Fireside room!
Support Local Businesses
Tahoe is home to some incredible small businesses, including the best shops and galleries around. Whether you need to get some holiday shopping done while you’re in town, or you’re just looking for ways to support our incredible community, shopping locally is a great way to spend some time in Lake Tahoe! If you’re in town on Saturday Dec 18, 2021, don’t miss the Meyers Mountain Market Holiday Bazaar
Catch a Show
Summer concerts are certainly something special here in Lake Tahoe, but the musical fun doesn’t quit when the temperatures drop! The Filharmonic will be in town from December 17 – January 2, the Reno Dance Company will perform the Nutcracker December 22 -23, catch a holiday show while you’re here!
Hit the Slopes
A holiday Lake Tahoe ski trip is a quintessential experience! The famous Heavenly Mountain Resort is less than a block away from Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel and your stay with us includes complimentary ski/board valet! Skiers love the easy access to Heavenly’s 97 trails, 28 chair lifts, and the most skiable acreage in all of Lake Tahoe when they stay with us, so book your stay today!
Have Snow Much Fun
Looking for some outdoor adventures that don’t involve skis or snowboards? Lake Tahoe is also home to incredible cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Take the family snow tubing, or get a guided snowmobile tour!
Take Advantage of Seasonal Deals
Don’t forget to take advantage of our seasonal deals this holiday season! When you book now through December 31, 2021, at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, you will receive 20%* off our best rates. Contact us today for any questions!