Summer is just around the corner, school will be out and your schedule is beginning to free up so you know what that means: it’s time for a summer vacation! After another long school year and endless crazy work schedules, you and your family are well-deserving of a relaxing and fun-filled summer vacation. Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is the perfect place for your family to book a hotel room for a week and finally explore the endless attractions in beautiful Lake Tahoe.
We offer a variety of adventures for each family that stays with us and can help you plan any exciting experience that you’re interested in! Read on to learn more about each activity.
- Hiking: Put on your backpack and lace up your hiking boots because we have plenty of Lake Tahoe hiking trails for you to explore! Nearby trails like VanSickle Park, The Bench, and Kahle Meadows Trail are great for families looking to explore the great outdoors. The Kahle Meadows Trail and VanSickle Park are both approximately a 5-minute drive from our hotel while The Bench is approximately a 15-minute drive from our hotel. Talk to our staff to learn more about our trails!
- Rock Climbing: We have a couple of rock climbing spots nearby which are great for families looking to entertain their older kids. Staff favorites like Lovers Leap, Pie Shop and Eagle Creek Canyon are great locations that will surely get your heart pumping! These spots are right off of Highway 50, so be sure to check them out!
- Sightseeing: If you want to enjoy the views without hanging hundreds of feet off a cliff, Discover Lake Tahoe will be sure to shuttle you from our hotel to some unforgettable scenery. Discover Lake Tahoe is a premier sightseeing tour and shuttle bus charter company that has been serving Lake Tahoe since 1977. Your tour guides will without a doubt give you an incredible history lesson about the historical destination of Lake Tahoe! To book a tour, call (530)542-1080 or visit their website.
- Biking: Grab your helmet, hop on your bike and start pedaling! Biking trails like Mr. Toads, Van Sickle Trail, and Powerline Trail are quite popular in the Lake Tahoe area. To ensure a safe and exciting mountain biking adventure, be sure to ask our staff about the trails to find the best fit one for your family!
- Adventure Park: The family-oriented adventure park near Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel has activities that include hiking trails, a tubing hill (summer/winter), the Blue Streak zip line, ropes course, and a climbing wall that your family can choose to partake in. There’s something for everyone here! Be sure to check out their website before you go to see what activities are reopening from COVID-19 closures and which are still closed at the moment.
- Hot Air Balloon: Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience and take your family on an adventure in a hot air balloon! Hot air balloon adventures travel over Lake Tahoe and the Carson Valley. Be sure to set your alarm early because sunrise flights are offered seven days a week, weather permitting of course! Brace yourself to glide high in the sky and make your reservations now!
Is the Tahoe sun wearing your family down? Refresh yourselves by spending the day cooling off at our nearby water attractions!
- Beaches: Make sure to brush off your sandy feet when you walk back into your hotel room after a sunny and sandy day at the beach! There are numerous local beaches near the hotel including Baldwin Beach, Connolly Beach, Nevada Beach, Sand Harbor, and more! Be sure to check in with front desk staff to ask about any admission fees, parking fees, lifeguard presence, and dog allowance before you hit the road for your beach day.
- Waterskiing: Waterskiing is a fun and active way to cool off on a hot Lake Tahoe day! Bill Cottrill, the General Manager at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, says that his favorite time to ski on Lake Tahoe is early in the morning. This is when the water is glass calm, making it perfect for any level of waterskier to head out. Be mindful that the wind picks up around 11 am, so be sure to plan accordingly and be safe!
- Boating & Jet Skiing: Along with water skiing, you have the opportunity to experience Lake Tahoe boating and jet skiing when you book your stay at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. Locations that you MUST check out include Timber Cove Marina, Camp Richardson Resort, and Lakeside Marina. Each of these marina destinations are easily accessible from our hotel and would make a perfect day trip for the entire family!
- Parasailing: Did someone say parasailing? Take in Lake Tahoe’s beautiful views from a whole different perspective when you’re gliding through the air from a parachute. This activity has become increasingly popular in Lake Tahoe over the past couple of years and you could personally experience this surreal activity when booking your stay today! Places like Action Water Sports, Zephyr Cove, and Tahoe Sports offer you an incredible opportunity to go parasailing with your family, with prices ranging from $75 to $199. Overcome your fear of heights and check parasailing off your bucket list!
Is your family looking for more of a low-key type of vacation? Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is located near plenty of relaxing activities that are great for the whole family.
- Fishing: Here fishy fishy! The East Walker River, East Carson River, and Truckee River are three great spots to explore if you’re interested in fly fishing. Even though some of these spots are a bit of a hike, the drive is definitely worth it. When fly fishing, be sure to look for water flows, type of insect activity, and the weather for that day. If you’re lucky enough, our staff will share with you their secret spots for you to experience a successful and peaceful fishing trip!
- Golfing: Fore! Beautiful and well-kept Tahoe golf courses like Edgewood Tahoe, Genoa Lakes, and Carson Valley are perfect for any golfers out there staying at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. Take a few practice swings and set out to challenge yourself on these golf courses. There is also a mini-golf course located at Heavenly Village, 2 blocks from the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, that would be perfect for the entire family. Remember, the loser buys everyone ice cream so be sure to practice your putting skills!
- Shopping: Is the weather not the best but you’re looking for an adventure beyond the hotel? The perfect bad weather activity in Tahoe is to go shopping! Grab your wallet and set out to some shops with your family to buy some souvenirs while on vacation. There are some great gift shops at the Heavenly Village, along with other shopping spots like Factory Stores at the Y and Ski Run Marina Shops. Here’s a great idea: buy your family all matching t-shirts and take a family picture together. It’ll look great above your fireplace
Just for Kids
Need a break from your kids? Do your kids need a break from you? We have some exciting day camp options for adventurous kids which are of course highly supervised. Heavenly Summer Camp and RAD Camp are two great options to drop your kids off for the day so that they can burn some energy and have some extra fun. They will keep plenty busy with the indoor playground, programmed activities, and more! Ask our staff for more information on these day camps and enjoy some kid-free alone time on your vacation!
Start Planning Your Perfect Lake Tahoe Summer Vacation
As you can see, there are plenty of activities to keep you and your family busy when staying at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. With the numerous attractions, there is definitely something for everyone to do. This vacation guide should give you plenty of ideas on what to do when you book your next summer vacation hotel stay. We’re excited to see you this summer and can’t wait to hear about the amazing memories that you will make with your family!