9 Local Favorites for a Romantic Getaway in Lake Tahoe
With life’s craziness always seeming to fill up your schedule, you may be having difficulty finding time for romantic dates and time spent alone with your partner. If you’re wondering how on earth you’ll be able to spend quality time alone with your partner, we have a simple answer for you: plan a trip to Lake Tahoe! Love is always in the air in Lake Tahoe and this is the perfect place for you and your partner to book a romantic getaway. Read on to find out the 9 secrets to planning the ideal romantic getaway in Lake Tahoe!
- Book a Couples Massage – What’s more romantic than a couples massage? Bond and unwind with your partner in the comfort and relaxing aura of Lake Tahoe spas. There are numerous spas around town that offer varying services for couples. Places like BioSpirit Day Spa, Element Day Spa, and A Massage For All Seasons all offer couples massages and are located right near the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel!
- Go on a Private Sunset Cruise – Take a private cruise in Lake Tahoe right during sunset! Private sunset cruises in Lake Tahoe are truly a once-in-a-lifetime romantic experience that all couples will want to enjoy. Between the beautiful scenery that you’ll be surrounded by and the quality time spent together, your connection with one another will be strengthened even more. Check out Action Watersports for sunset cruises on Lake Tahoe.
- Fly High in a Hot Air Balloon Ride – Hold your partner tight when you fly thousands of feet in the air in a hot air balloon! Lake Tahoe Balloons offers varying flight packages that run from May through October. Experience unreal views with the love of your life by your side and celebrate your love with a sparkling wine toast after your flight.
- Plan a Date at a Romantic Restaurant – There are so many restaurants in Lake Tahoe where you can schedule reservations for a romantic dinner with your partner. Listed below are a few that are conveniently located near the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel!
- Echo – Conveniently located right here at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, Echo is the perfect romantic date night restaurant, especially when you’re staying here at the hotel! California cuisine has been elevated to new heights at Echo, and we have a great selection of craft beers, fine wines and delicious cocktails, too. “Staying in” is the new “going out” when you’re here with us!
- Cafe Fiore – Cafe Fiore is a fine Italian restaurant with a wide variety of pastas, seafood, and meats. With only being 5 minutes away from our hotel, you’ll know exactly where to go when your stomach starts rumbling.
- The Lake House – The Lake House is an American style restaurant that exhibits class as soon as you walk through the front doors. A 12-minute drive from the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel will get you an amazing dinner menu, along with plenty of beer and wine choices, followed by delicious dessert options. The lighting in this restaurant is perfect for the most romantic date.
- Scusa Italian Risorante – Another romantic Italian restaurant located in Lake Tahoe is Scusa. Scusa not only has a lengthy dinner menu, but they also have a wine menu to really set the mood for your romantic date. A quick 9-minute drive from our hotel will lead you to a classy and romantic restaurant.
- Explore Emerald Bay State Park – Slip on your hiking boots and plan a romantic day in Lake Tahoe exploring the Emerald Bay State Park. This California state park has endless hiking trails and views for you and your partner to take all in. Going on an adventure right in the heart of nature can really bring two people together, making this idea the perfect place to connect with one another again!
- Check Out the Heavenly Gondola Ride – Take all of the romance in when you experience the Heavenly Gondola Ride! This 2.4 mile ride up the Heavenly Mountain Gondola will make you feel like you’re in a movie when you experience the breathtaking Lake Tahoe views. On this ride, you get to stop at an observation deck for cute photos, grab a latte together at Cafe Blue, and can even stop at The Gondola Sports Shop for a souvenir to remember one of the most romantic days that you spent together. We highly recommend checking out this experience!
- Catch a Sunrise or Sunset – Whether you’re starting your day together watching the sunrise over Emerald Bay, or you’re ending it with sunset views over Round Hill Pines, taking the time to make sunrise or sunset memories with your partner are sure to last a lifetime. Our skies turn the most gorgeous shades of orange, pink and yellow, contrasting stunningly with the blues and greens from the lake.
- Bundle Up Together – Planning a winter getaway and looking for some romantic activities beyond the ski slopes? Bundle up and book a fairy-tale worthy sleigh ride, take the short trip over to The Shops at Heavenly Village and go ice skating, or act like kids again and go tubing! When you’re ready to warm up, head back home to Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel and check out our Jacuzzi Hot Tub or dinner and drinks at Echo!
- Book Your Stay at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel – The number 1 secret to planning an ideal romantic getaway in Lake Tahoe is booking a stay at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel! Between our amenities, dining options, and the attractions around us, our hotel makes the perfect place for you and your partner to stay on your romantic getaway. We’ll make sure your experience in Lake Tahoe is one you’ll never forget!
Now that you have all the secrets to planning the most ideal romantic getaway in Lake Tahoe, start planning your visit today! If you have any questions or concerns about planning your romantic getaway, please contact us as we would be delighted to talk to you. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel in the future!
Your Guide to a Fun-Filled Winter Weekend in Lake Tahoe
Winter is right around the corner, which means we’re looking forward to a lot of skiers, snowboarders, and outdoor enthusiasts ready for a jam-packed weekend of winter fun in Lake Tahoe.
School’s Out: Best Summer Activities for Kids in South Lake Tahoe
Schools are winding down for the year, which means it’s time to start thinking about summer vacations and kid-friendly activities. Kids grow up fast and summer is a great time to really bond and spend time together as a family.
Lake Tahoe: The Adventure Begins When You Step Outside
Sandy beaches, high mountain adventure, memories (and selfies) make up our employee summer experience at Lake Tahoe. Why keep our favorite hot spots a secret? Here’s how Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel staff spend their time away from work.
Corporate Event Marketing Checklist
We know first hand that there are A LOT of moving parts when it comes to planning a business meeting or corporate event. From pre-event tasks to post-event duties, there’s a lot you need to remember to do!
Lake Tahoe Winter FAQ’s – Everything You Need to Know!
Our team has answered a ton of Lake Tahoe questions from visitors over the years! Whether they’ve flown in from far away, or are just exploring a new part of town on a staycation, we love helping people learn all there is to know about this incredible area!
Night Life To Do’s in Lake Tahoe
We know that when you come to visit Lake Tahoe, you have a million fun activities in mind that you want to squeeze in during the day. As locals, we’re happy to let you know that the fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down!
5 Ideas for an Environmentally-Friendly Wedding in Lake Tahoe
Having an environmentally-friendly wedding is a smart and conscious choice — and one that we see more and more happy couples making here in Lake Tahoe, California, and the surrounding area.
How to Host a Zero Waste Conference or Event At Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
We’re lucky enough to be located in one of the most beautiful places in the world, so we take extra care to keep Lake Tahoe looking as picturesque and beautiful as ever.
Subscribe for News and Offers
Stay in the loop on all the news and exciting offers from Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, and have them delivered to your inbox.
4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Hotel Direct: 530.544.5400
© 2022 Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel.