12 Reasons to Host All Your Wedding Festivities at One Venue
Oftentimes at weddings, it seems like we spend more time navigating from place to place than actually mingling and enjoying the celebration. We travel (possibly a long distance) to the ceremony, just to jump back in the car and navigate to the cocktail hour or reception — which may or may not be at the same places as our hotel/lodging accommodations. Of course, there may be a different venue for the bachelor/bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, gift opening, or bridal brunch as well. Moving from place to place throughout the wedding weekend can range from confusing to downright frustrating — especially if you or your guests are unfamiliar with the area, you’re on a tight schedule, or the locations aren’t close together. All that stress and hassle can be avoided by using a multi-purpose venue and hosting your wedding — including your ceremony, reception, and lodging — in one location. Here are a few of the benefits of using an all-in-one venue for your wedding.
- Save on venue fees. Even if you plan on getting married in a church, most venues charge fees. By sticking with one venue, you can cut down on multiple venue fees for insurance, staffing, rental, and more. Some venues may even offer a deal for “bundling” your wedding events together in one place.
- Save on transportation. Hosting your event within a single venue can cut down on transportation costs. No shuttles to transport guests or limo service for the wedding party! Not having those transportation costs can help create some wiggle room in your budget for other wedding necessities.
- Save on vendors. Many vendors may charge per hour or require additional mileage/travel compensation. Not having to go between venues means travel time is minimized, which could save you money. As an added bonus, vendors only have to familiarize themselves with one spot. (While you’re here, don’t miss our list of awesome Lake Tahoe wedding vendors.)
- Save on wedding decor. By having the venue in one place, it’s much easier to reuse wedding decor that’s difficult to transport (such as flowers, archways, and chair covers) at both the ceremony and reception. The more you can repurpose the decor, the less you have to buy or rent upfront. There’s also less of a chance something will get damaged or ruined during transport.
- Easy planning and scheduling. That wedding day itinerary/schedule is going to be important to keep things running smoothly. One venue means less coordinating for the happy couple, the wedding party, and the vendors. Guests can also seamlessly move from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and beyond without much hassle.
- No travel between events. That means more time for celebrating, photos, and mingling with guests. Plus, not having to shuffle gifts, the guest book, makeup, and other wedding day necessities minimizes your chance of forgetting something important. Less travel also minimizes risks such as traffic, accidents, or car troubles disrupting your big day.
- Easy parking. Parking should always be a consideration on your big day. Adequate parking is important for you and your guests. Having all festivities in one spot makes it easy since everyone only has to park once and there are minimal traffic issues during pick up and drop off times.
- No worries about drunk driving. If you’re serving alcohol at your wedding, you want guests to be able to indulge and have fun. If you opt not to offer transportation between the reception and the hotel, oftentimes guests have to stress over who has to be the designated driver or whether there’s a ride share service available. Utilizing one venue means you and your guests don’t even have to worry about having that second — or third — cocktail throughout the evening.
- Minimize denominational disagreements. Many families from various religious backgrounds can get in heated debates about whether to have the wedding in one place of worship with a specific religious affiliation/denomination versus another. Many may not be religious at all. Hosting your wedding ceremony and reception in one location, such as a hotel, can minimize these debates and keep the peace on the big day.
- Set up and clean up is easy. Not having to orient yourself and go through the process of setting up all the decor and cleaning it up at each venue can just make things so much easier and less stressful. One and done!
- Easier for senior guests and those with young children. If you want grandparents and guests with youngsters to be a part of the big day, it’s important to keep them in mind. After a day of festivities, your senior guests may want to slip away between events, or head to their rooms early to rest and escape the noise, so having lodging close by is handy. Same goes for guests who are bringing along toddlers and infants. Having easy access to their hotel room makes naps and feedings easier.
- You’ll get to know the venue staff. Having the entire wedding in one place allows you to get to know the staff better — and vice versa. The staff will get to know you and your vision for the big day better, which means they’ll be able to serve you better. In addition, you’ll know exactly who’s in charge of what and who to go to with questions and concerns. It’s a win-win and a much more memorable partnership.
Come experience Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel!
If you’re looking for the perfect, one-stop wedding venue in Lake Tahoe, look no further. From beautiful lakeside wedding ceremonies to patio cocktail hours to indoor wedding receptions and everything in between — we do it all here at Lake Tahoe Resort. Plus, you and your guests are just steps away from your comfortable two-room suite with all the amenities you need for a fabulous wedding weekend in Lake Tahoe. Interested in learning more about what Lake Tahoe has to offer? Check out this awesome video and connect with our expert wedding planners to start making your dream Tahoe wedding a reality.
Your Guide to a Fun-Filled Winter Weekend in Lake Tahoe
Winter is right around the corner, which means we’re looking forward to a lot of skiers, snowboarders, and outdoor enthusiasts ready for a jam-packed weekend of winter fun in Lake Tahoe.
Lake Tahoe — Your Road Trip Destination
South Lake Tahoe is starting to safely reopen, which means it’s the perfect time for a road trip! Road trips are a great option right now because you can get out of the house while still socially distancing and making responsible, healthy decisions.
Plan a Safe Kid-Friendly Lake Tahoe Winter Adventure
Kids could play outside all day long, year-round, without a care in the world, especially in Lake Tahoe! This winter, we’re sharing some tips and resources for keeping kids safe and warm during winter activities in Lake Tahoe, so you can spend more time having fun and less time worrying if they’re warm!
What to Pack for an Adventurous Hike Around Lake Tahoe
From the Rubicon Trail along the shores of Emerald Bay all the way up to the Skyline Trail at the top of the Gondola, there’s no denying Lake Tahoe has incredible hiking options!
Tips for Planning a Perfect Destination Wedding in Lake Tahoe
If you’re thinking of planning a destination wedding, South Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. We’ve got mountains, crystal clear waters, recreation, adventure, and so much more! There’s really no better place to say “I do.” We know that wedding planning can be intimidating as it is, let alone planning a wedding in an unfamiliar area.
6 Romantic Date Ideas Around South Lake Tahoe
Maybe there’s something in the water or the fresh mountain air, but love is always in the air in Lake Tahoe. The stunning water and mountain views provide the perfect backdrop for a special date or romantic getaway, so it’s no surprise many people choose Lake Tahoe for a getaway with that special someone.
Last Minute Lake Tahoe-Inspired Holiday Gift Ideas
How is it the holiday season always seems to sneak up on us? We’ve only got a few days left until Christmas — have you finished up your holiday shopping? If not, don’t fret.
Tips for Planning the Perfect Hike in Lake Tahoe
The fresh air, the scenery, the wildlife — there’s really nothing like hiking around Lake Tahoe.
Subscribe for News and Offers
Stay in the loop on all the news and exciting offers from Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, and have them delivered to your inbox.
4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Hotel Direct: 530.544.5400
© 2022 Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel.